A lot of people frequently ask about these things. How many did you pull? How many foil L’s? I hear very varying answers and I started collecting some data early I might aswell share. I’ve witnessed first hand 25 box openings so far and taken notes on rarities & foils for some statistics.
Pack statistics per pack:
– 1x Foiled C/R/H/S/L
– 1x Hero or Legendary
– 3x Rare
– 6-7x Common cards
Foil statistics per box (36 foils always):
– 1-5L (1 and 3 being very common and 5 being reasonably common. I’ve rarely heard of 2 or 4. There seems to be some pattern here. It’s too uneven 1/3/5.
– 4-8H (usually 5ish)
– 4-8S (usually 5ish)
– Rest C/R foils (~equal for me)
None-foil statistics per box:
- 200+ commons (6-7 per box have been noticed)
- 7L per box always (shares pack slot with H cards. I’ve seen 0 samples of any other number from a sealed box opening. I’ve heard it once or twice but firmly believe it’s someone who have made a mistake in opening or mixing it up with other boxes. Or a manufacturing error but I’ve seen none on L cards so far.
- 21H per box (shares pack slot with L cards. Occasionally an extra H is there)
- 14 unique L: 4 boxes = 2 of each L card. ~2.8 of each L card.
- 34 unique H: 3 boxes = ~2.5 of each Hero rarity card. ~3 with foils
- 60 unique R: 2 boxes = ~3.5 of each. ~4 including foils.
- 78 unique C: 2 boxes = just below 6 of each common card in average.
- Conclusion: Smartest feels like 2 boxes then singles, or 3 boxes and singles if you like trading – while still having a low chance of drawing too many of a given card (except for r/c).